This position is a unique opportunity to see and experience how a growing non-profit organization is run day-to day. This new position has many different avenues that could be pursued, therefore we’ll be able to mold aspects of the position to fit the intern, their desired future career and desired skills.
This individual will work closely with the Director of Operations (DO) who has a wide range of high level behind-the-scenes responsibilities. Programs including food production (farms), food distribution and event planning; as well as assists with executive tasks such as strategic planning, budgeting, and fundraising. The assistant will help with many tasks across this wide range, and will have the option of focusing on specific projects that interest them. The assistant will also work with the Executive Assistant (EA) on several weekly tasks.
• Fish feeding, monitoring, and logging daily
• Completing routine nutrient additions as well as monitoring plants for any nutrient deficiencies
• Maintain cleanliness of farm including growing systems, greenhouse storage, and coolers
• Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and correct as necessary
• Assist in keeping farm operations manual up-to-date with best practices, maintenance procedures, and contingency plans.
• Inventory systems keeping track of expenses and budget. Record keeping.
Long Term Goals:
• After the first month of training/learning, the Assistant will select 1-3 specific projects to focus on, based on skills and interests
• Research across a wide variety of operations projects, such as: capital improvements, construction, HR, food storage techniques, community engagement models, food safety, and more
• Shifts are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00pm and 2:00 p.m. to 7 p.m. depending on farm needs. Regular 2-hour weekend farm check shifts will be split among employees.
Skills and Requirements:
• Self- starter, motivated and willing attitude, a natural ‘organizer’
• Competent research skills
• Detail-oriented and able to keep complex projects on-schedule
• Proficiency with technology, especially including Google Drive
• Friendly and respectful, with good interpersonal skills
• Interest in healthy eating, cooking, gardening, sustainability, community work etc.
• Experience in community outreach/organizing, marketing, graphic design, etc. preferred
• Applicants from diverse backgrounds encouraged
• Conversational Spanish skills highly preferred
• Associates degree in General Business or equivalent work history required
To apply, please contact us via our Contact Form